FIRST HAND, THEATRICAL COSTUMING WORKROOM
Submit resumé and portfolio to: CLICK HERE
LISTING DATE: March, 2021
- The Costume Shop First Hand will assist the Draper with minor patterning, cutting and instruction of build technique to the stitchers. The Costume Shop First Hand is responsible for working with the Draper to overseeing and participating in the budgeting, construction, ordering of supplies, fittings and scheduling of build teams for all products being produced in the Tampa Studio Workroom.
- Assist the Draper with the completion of both made-to-order and altered costumes for all NCLH productions.
- Supervise the workroom stitchers on construction techniques schedules and materials needed for all build projects.
- Expedites productions within scheduled deadlines.
- Attends fittings as necessary for troubleshooting and production continuity.
- First Hand will manage small patterning product, sewing of mockup, construction of garments and alterations for all NCLH productions.
- Supervises the timely inclusion of fabrics/notions into costume productions.
- Partners with Draper to provides supplies, especially stock fabrics, notions and materials to the workroom in a timely manner.
- Oversee construction build timeline and process to keep on budget and schedule.
- Acts as liaison with Costume Leads, Stage Management for fittings and production notes.
- Acts as a liaison with Costume Leads for the smooth transition of costumes from Shop to dress parade/tech/dress runs.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.